It really would be a Hell's Kitchen if you were presented with this lobster for the pot. Fortunately, however, this Giant Pink Spiny lobster looks set to live out his retirement in an aquarium - and perhaps score a place in the record books.
Named Poseidon for his size and strength, this lobster dwarfs others, measuring two feet in length and a whopping nine-and a-quarter pounds.
He was accidentally caught by the fishing boat Brittania around 200 miles south west of Newlyn, Cornwall. Spiny lobsters are actually a type of crayfish and don't usually occur in British waters.
Rock Band, the upcoming multiplayer music game from MTV and Harmonix, now has an updated street date, price and equipment lineup.
First reported on MTV's Multiplayer blog today, the official line is that the PlayStation 2 version will includes the game, one guitar, one microphone and a drum kit; is scheduled for a Dec. 10 release; and will cost $159.99.
Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will include the same equipment; be released Nov. 23; and cost $169.99.
1. mary stewart masterson 2. elizabeth shue 3. clarence thomas 4. rick salomon 5. lawrence taylor 6. colorado rockies 7. anita hill 8. mackenzie phillips 9. roberto clemente 10. rockies tickets 11. eugene sledge 12. dana delaney 13. storm of the century 14. mlb playoffs 15. michigan shutdown 16. phillies playoff tickets 17. peleliu 18. carol anne gotbaum 19. keir dullea 20. david and lisa
This device converts old 35mm slides and film negatives into digital images, allowing you to easily preserve your memories without having to rely on a conversion service, and allowing you to clear valuable storage space of cluttered slide carousels and dusty photo boxes.
Slides and negatives are placed into a tray that aligns each properly; the touch of a button scans the image instantly. It has a 5MP CMOS sensor that provides 10 bits per color channel for data conversion, and uses fixed focus and automatic exposure control and color balance, resulting in clear digital images without loss of resolution.
It can scan images up to 1,829 dpi and uses three white LEDs as a back light source. For photo transfers and power it has a USB cable that plugs into a PC running Windows XP and includes software that allows you to edit, crop, and resize your slides as well as convert your negatives into positives.
Normally I don't get this jazzed about desktop PCs, but the Gateway One is special. From the sleek yet substantial design to the quiet, powerful core, it's a real statement, especially from the cow-pocked South Dakota underdog.
If you have more money than brains, it will only set you back $25,000 to get your hands on a limited edition Ferrari cell phone. No, it is not made of gold, platinum or silver…but it does have a simulated aluminum brake pedal on the back.
This is the duck press, a culinary tool handcrafted from solid brass in Normandy, France and forged using a method developed over 100 years ago, and used in fine restaurants during the tableside preparation of Canard a la presse (pressed duck).
In the traditional restaurant preparation, waiters remove the breast and leg meat from a lightly roasted duck and place the duck bones in the bowl of the press. The handle is rotated clockwise and the juices and marrow are extracted from the bones and funneled to a saucier and combined with wine, brandy, aromatics, seasonings, and the duck meat.
The sauce is heated and reduced, resulting in a heady glaze that is served atop the duck breast and legs. The base of the unit sits on brass duck feet and th e large wheel is easy to grip and turn.
This desktop missile launcher uses pressurized air to shoot three foam projectiles up to 10', and unlike lesser models, this one does not require the use of batteries and is powered by a PC via USB cable. The included software CD installs a control panel on your computer, allowing you to swivel the launcher 180 and tilt 45, and shoot missiles at unsuspecting targets at the touch of a button.
The Motion Picture Assn. of America has filed suit against two Web sites that it claims are allowing Internet users to view pirated films, many of which are still in theaters.
The lawsuit, filed Wednesday on behalf of the major studios, seeks to shutter cinematube.net (http://cinematube.net) and ssupload.com (http://ssupload.com) from further infringing on the copyrights of the MPAA members.
Fans pre-ordered more than 1.7 million copies of the game, and more than 10,000 stores opened at midnight Monday to start selling, according to Microsoft. The much-anticipated launch was marred only slightly by reports that limited-edition packaging left scratches on game disks.
1. micro camcorder 2. david hans schmidt 3. lovefest 4. the perfect score 5. michigan northwestern 6. callista bisek 7. tulane 8. love fest 9. edgefest 10. james bay 11. jessica lynch 12. love fest san francisco 13. sky high 14. andre ware 15. notre dame purdue 16. bud mackey 17. halo 3 skulls 18. schnepf farms 19. akron marathon 20. any given sunday
1. signe of johnny angel 2. river of victoria falls 3. adam corolla 4. monicagate snitch 5. tanya rider 6. copacabana antagonist 7. whatever life 8. amy mccarthy 9. peanuts characters 10. shaun earl arender 11. two headed turtle 12. van halen concert review 13. mike vogel 14. what i cannot change lyrics 15. jesse macbeth 16. hope solo 17. who was the founder of detroit 18. adamcorolla.com 19. george augusto 20. fort bend county fair
This is the portable media viewer that wears like a pair of sunglasses, and uses two high-resolution LCDs and two removable stereo headphones to provide a viewing experience equivalent to watching a 44" television from 9'.
A personal movie theater that allows you to watch video privately from a connected video iPod, game console, DVD player, media player, or television. Developed from U.S. military technology
This is the advanced electronic chess game that allows you to play against a robotic opponent that atomatically recognizes and counters the movement of your chess pieces using the touch-sensitive chessboard.
You can play against the computer or it can play itself, yet it provides beginners and experienced players appropriate challenges by offering 120 levels of play (16 levels of analysis), and gives instruction and counsel using voice prompts, while its LCD screen shows piece-movement text messages for additional help without audio commentary.
The computer has an estimated U.S. Chess Federation Class A skill rating of 1900, and it will never accept an illegal move, and rates your skill after every match; a coaching and teaching mode provid es hints and allows you to reconsider moves.
1. marnie 2. kid nation 3. back to you 4. alaska pfd 5. dan rather 6. the cw 7. jena 6 8. ayda field 9. gossip girls 10. cw 11. alaska permanent fund 12. oscar de la hoya 13. antm 14. arthur blake 15. man of the house 16. americas next top model 17. reba duets 18. jake byrd 19. bob the butler 20. don t tase me bro 21. gossip girl theme song 22. deal or no deal 23. chloe lattanzi 24. alicia silverstone peta 25. dale earnhardt jr
1. marryourdaughter.com 2. marry our daughter 3. jenny mccarthy 4. thimerosal 5. autism 6. andrew meyer 7. bruce fromong 8. holly robinson peete 9. jack venice 10. tank johnson 11. teri rhodes 12. signs of autism 13. talk like a pirate day 14. the you ll see all day 15. don t tase me bro 16. hot in hollywood 17. dole recall 18. www.marryourdaughter.com 19. mmr vaccine 20. jan michael vincent
Leaders of the nonprofit One Laptop Per Child that was spun out of MIT acknowledged Friday that the devices would cost $188 if mass production, expected to begin this fall, were to start now. The last price the nonprofit had announced was $176; it described $100 as a long-term goal.
Together with the company's existing Quickbird satellite, it will offer half-meter resolution and will be able to collect over 600,000 square kilometers of imagery each day, up from the current collection of that amount each week, Chief Executive Jill Smith told Reuters in a telephone interview.
Turns out, Coca Cola may be plotting a new version of Sprite that actually chills itself upon opening. Apparently, the drink has to be kept at a specified temperature before being snapped up, and once the oh-so-thirsty consumer pops the top, "a mechanism inside creates ice made from the drink, so it is not diluted."
1. kyle farnsworth the dugout 2. brett somers 3. john david r. atchison 4. marc ecko 5. spiral frog 6. jack klugman 7. thebestlife.com 8. spiralfrog.com 9. blackwater usa 10. kent ninomiya 11. bestlife.com
1. post secret 2. broadway on broadway 3. legends tour 4. amy polumbo 5. brooklyn book festival 6. philadelphia distance run 7. what happened to postsecret 8. thailand plane crash 9. alan greenspan 10. modular dwellings
Destroying North American jobs for nearly 20 years We put China on the map Our prices are so low we'll put every store within 20 miles out of business--Guaranteed! All your communities are belong to us Because spatulas really should only cost 7 cents When you don't mind lead in your paint and toys... The prices are so low because when you only make $5 an hour, that's all you can afford From genital wart cream to milk, we have it all
1. mindy mccready 2. across the universe 3. simply vera 4. winter hill gang 5. james whitey bulger 6. reno air races 7. oj simpson 8. mychal bell 9. julie taymor 10. dragon wars review 11. mr. woodcock
You may have lost the game, son, but just think of it this way. When you wake up, whose house is going to be burned down? Not ours, I’ll tell you that much. I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but his initials are Timmy Crawford, and he looks a lot like that giant second-baseman from the other team who knocked you over today.
But the Abbot doesn't lend its self well for passengers. So at Christmas we pulled out the best armored personnel carrier from 30 we had laying around. A bit of a special not only fitted with a turret for when it was on the Berlin wall, and one of only 13 ever made but she also had some strange mine laying or clearing gismo on its rear which we binned. We decided on Gloss white as you would.
Kala Kawai has 67 piercings and 75 % of his body is tattooed so it’s a good job he chose a career in body modification, running his own studio in hawaii. He has stretched the holes in his earlobes to 4 inches, inserted various silicon implants on his head, can screw metal spikes into the top of his skull, has a split tongue and generally looks extremely frightening. Also worth bearing in mind is that he split his own tongue using dental floss and did all his own piercings.
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) said on Tuesday that it is "not unreasonable" for the company to introduce a mobile phone combined with features of its Zune digital music player to compete with Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone.
Coinciding with yesterday’s major product announcement, Apple has now also released its latest version of iTunes. This new version provides the necessary device support for the new iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch, as well as a number of other new features.
Readers report that calls to the American Express Return Protection line (1-800-297-8019) are being met with mixed results. Some readers say they are now accepting claims concerning the $200 dollar iPhone price drop, others have had less luck When I called, I was told that customers would be sent to a claims examiner to determine whether the difference in purchase price would be covered.
1. brainy gabriella 2. girl scout motto 3. vanessa hudgens pictures 4. love on the side 5. vanessa hudgens naked pics 6. michael scheuer 7. bin laden video 8. madeleine l engle 9. snj 2 10. a wrinkle in time 11. hollywood homicide 12. la county fair 13. vanessa hutchins 14. high school musical naked 15. hudgens photo 16. vanessa hudson 17. vanessa hughes 18. eugene celebration 19. vanessa anne hudgens scandal 20. the haunting hour
Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs on Wednesday unveiled a new version of the company's popular iPod media player that's based on the iPhone, featuring wireless Internet access and a Web browser but not cell phone capability.
Dubbed iPod Touch, the 8-millimeter-thick device and can store photos, music, videos and other digital data. It features the same 3.5-inch, touch-screen display as the iPhone, on which light finger touches allow the user to scroll through menus and use two fingers to resize pictures.
The iPod Touch also has built-in wireless Internet access and the Safari Web browser, including Google and Yahoo search engines and easy access to YouTube videos. The iPhone, which runs on the AT&T cellular network, also includes Wi-Fi.
An 8-gigabyte version will cost $299. A 16-gigabyte version will cost $399. It will be shipped worldwide starting later this month.
Police have been given the go-ahead to use Taser stun guns against children. The relaxing of restrictions on the use of the weapons comes despite warnings that they could trigger a heart attack in youngsters.
Sports Illustrated, who helped police with original bust, list the 10 as Mr Kennedy, Chavo Guerrero, Gregory Helms, Randy Orton, John Morrison, Shoichi Funaki, Charlie Haas, Umaga, William Regal and Edge.
Guys with bulldog-like faces have been chick magnets throughout human evolutionary history. A recent study of the skulls of human ancestors and modern humans finds that women, and thereby evolution, selected for males with relatively short upper faces.