Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1.
This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred.
Aside from the lower price tag, the new 40GB PS3 has some new hardware features that might just make this the PS3 to own for some of you. What new features? A new motherboard and 65nm Cell that consumes only 135W of power compared to the 200W of the original.
1. ehud segev 2. ghost hunters live 3. westboro baptist church 4. fred phelps 5. fico score 6. god hates fags 7. linda stein 8. west hollywood halloween 9. scifi.com/ghosthunters 10. scifi.com 11. halloween the curse of michael myers 12. richard curtis 13. lane garrison 14. ashley qualls 15. streaming halloween music 16. halloween parade 17. godhatesfags.com 18. dog chapman 19. hellfire caves 20. alive in baghdad
The third-generation Universal Serial Bus interconnect will transfer data at speeds up to 4.8Gbit/s, ten times faster than USB 2.0's 480MBit/s. It will be backwards-compatible with USB 2.0, which is backwards-compatible with the first USB 1.1 definition.
The gang at Engadget has a copy of Leopard in house and they are doing their best to answer your questions about Apple’s latest OS. Five operating systems in six years is a monumental accomplishment and not just for the obvious reasons. I mean c’mon, getting people to pay $129 a year and go through the hassle of upgrading is pretty impressive.
Market Watch says Nintendo has plans to sell the Wii in China starting next year. While it is still harder than hell to find a Wii in the U.S. (they are snatched up the minute they hit the shelves), the company says it is working on supply issues.
Nintendo Corp. (7974.OK) President Satoru Iwata said Friday that the company planned to launch its Wii game console in China and South Korea next year, and that it had no plans to cut its price in existing markets.
1. stendhal syndrome 2. an american haunting 3. the ninth gate 4. last minute halloween costumes 5. bella the movie 6. dan in real life 7. spanish inquisition torture devices 8. holly hatcher 9. bohemian club 10. chris pines 11. act prep 12. centennial park arizona 13. hillary uncensored 14. dial a fix 15. act practice test 16. son of ecgtheow 17. freak night 18. beckett s syndrome 19. escape the orange room walkthrough 20. quail man
1. cubist fernand 2. righteous and harmonious fists 3. biographer of henry james 4. author of the nazarene 5. hindu deity 6. kingsley film 7. gary collins 8. crater of diamonds state park 9. kassie depaiva 10. wellcare 11. shaw blades 12. robert goulet 13. promised land author abba 14. pulmonary fibrosis 15. foucault s pendulum 16. camp pendleton fire 17. wellcare fbi 18. martin mars water bomber 19. uncle sam diamond 20. tiffany sutton
Meet the 10-mm (0.39-inch) thin, 40-inch LED-backlit, Full HD LCD TV panel which covers 92% of the NTSC color gamut while consuming less than 90 watts of power. That profile easily bests the crazy thin measurements we've already seen.
Just in time for holiday, Microsoft Corp. today released a new Xbox 360 console that delivers games and content to everyone in the family for an incredible value of $279.99 (U.S. estimated retail price)*.
Available in stores beginning today, Xbox 360 Arcade console is the first Xbox 360 console to include five family-friendly games, a wireless controller, a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) connection to enable high-definition output if desired and 256 MB of memory useful for storing games and entertainment content.
At $279.99, the Xbox 360 Arcade console will include five best-selling games: “PAC-MAN Championship Edition” (NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.), “Uno” (Carbonated Games), “Luxor 2” (MumboJumbo), “Boom Boom Rocket” (Electronic Arts Inc.) and “Feeding Frenzy” (Sprout Games).
There is an interesting editorial at CNet today on the ever-so-popular topic of Comcast filtering BitTorrent content. There is a good deal of information here for those of you following the story but the author also investigates the legal side of things and seems to think that class action lawsuits may be on the way.
I discussed this issue with Fred von Lohmann, a lawyer with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Fred stated that "based on [our] own testing, as well as what has been reported, it seems clear that Comcast's techniques are bad for its customers and bad for innovation generally. The fact that Comcast's efforts are reportedly interfering with BitTorrent, gnutella, and Lotus Notes communications makes it clear that they are not narrowly targeted at particular users or protocols."
1. foreclosures by state 2. jeannie buss 3. sun edison 4. can of worms 5. realtytrac 6. dashette irina 7. mishon ratliff 8. extreme pumpkins 9. planet in peril 10. the frighteners 11. camp pendleton 12. robert goulet 13. brian maienschein 14. calfire.org 15. running springs fire 16. san diego office of emergency services 17. poomacha fire 18. ergot poisoning 19. sandiego.gov 20. jesca hoop
1. malibu fire 2. malibu castle 3. max mcgee 4. columbus marathon 5. malibu presbyterian church 6. hbo founder charles 7. bobby jindal 8. pepperdine university 9. cristina fernandez de kirchner 10. detroit marathon 11. debra lafave 12. cdot 13. nike women s marathon 14. ninja new york 15. hodge castle 16. charles martinet 17. www.window.state.tx.us/up 18. colorado road conditions 19. soprano renata 20. wake island
Finally some good news for Apple fans, the company has confirmed the date for your $129 yearly operating system update. According to this report, Leopard’s ship date is October 26th.
Leopard may be the most ambitious MacOS update since the switch to OS X, with new features such as Time Machine, Spaces and Quick Look, plus updated iChat and Mail and a snazzy new Dock with Stacks. The upgrade will cost $129 for a single-user license, and $199 for five-user "family pack." Today's announcement does not appear to contain any previously unknown surprise features.
Shacknews has a bit more information, including a photo from a Target store, the seems to confirm the recent rumors of a $399 PS3. Yeah, it is lacking some of the bells and whistles of the original 60GB units but that price will definitely help Sony sell a few units.
A listing for the rumored $399 40GB backward incompatible PlayStation 3 SKU has appeared in Target store scanners, according to images from Gaming Bits. The news comes after documents that surfaced earlier this month from fellow retailer Best Buy referencing the $399 model as retailing on October 28.
1. dr. bob 2. ellen degeneres 3. mutts and moms 4. psat 5. psat practice 6. george eads 7. chris chambers 8. ellen dog 9. jesse marunde 10. psat prep 11. antwain easterling 12. superbug 13. jorja fox 14. national treasure book of secrets 15. the wisdom of menopause 16. tom osborne 17. ellen crying 18. christiane northrup 19. dr bob sports 20. marshall sylver
However, "in a marriage or other relationship, one partner could be jealous or consider it infidelity if the other used a robot," Levy said. "But who knows, maybe some other relationships could welcome a robot. Instead of a woman saying, 'Darling, not tonight, I have a headache,' you could get 'Darling, I have a headache, why not use your robot?'"
Printing living cells in 3-D with an inkjet printer? Whoa, I wonder how much those ink cartridges are going to cost.
Scientists already use inkjet cartridges to "print" stem cells into exacting patterns, and now engineers are taking the technology to a whole new dimension — quite literally — by exploring ways to print 3-D structures of cells.
1. birkin bag 2. kipp schools 3. chevy.com/camaro 4. susie scott krabacher 5. samantha who 6. steve pederson 7. big moe 8. autism speaks 9. prison break schedule 10. angelman syndrome 11. baby boomer 12. grady s ladies 13. t.i. 14. mutts and moms 15. fox business 16. tom osborne 17. jason ray 18. ketv 19. morten anderson 20. lincoln journal star 21. t.i. arrested 22. t.i. news
The famous double personality super-hero appears here. Up close it appears that the mild mannered reporter, Clark Kent, is presenting the lovely Louis with flowers. If you step back a few meters, however, Kent's alter ego will emerge.
The beautiful bouquet of roses will begin to recede back, as it is well aligned with the red and yellow "S" icon that spans the front of superman's leotard. The lines that stand to indicate the features of Clark Kent's suit will gradually disappear into superman's brightly colored ensemble.
HD DVD players began outselling Blu-ray models starting in mid-September and regained a year-to-date lead of a little over 50% through the rest of the month, said Jodi Sally, Toshiba VP of marketing of digital A/V products. Year to date, according to NPD figures she cited, HD DVD players command 53% of sales; Blu-ray players, 44%; dual format players, 3%.
Electronic Arts is laying out the best part of a billion dollars ($860 million) for BioWare and Pandemic Studios. While that may seem like a big chunk of change, you have to remember that these two studios are the guys behind the Neverwinter Nights games, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I & II), Star Wars: Battlefront (I & II), the highly anticipated Mass Effect and Mercenaries 2.
Nissan’s new Around View Monitor system is pretty damn impressive. Makes you wonder how no one has come up with this before now.
The technology will also be offered to the U.S market on the all new Infiniti EX35 scheduled for launch this December. The Nissan Around View Monitor system synthesizes a bird’s eye image of the vehicle and its surrounding from four ultra wide-angle (180-degree) high-resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle.
1. michael guilford 2. anita thompson 3. ashley slonina 4. nicole jaracz 5. knights templar 6. gaiaonline.com 7. austin scott 8. martin lee anderson 9. miramar air show 10. lead in lipstick 11. jacques de molay 12. we own the night 13. ann coulter 14. fall for greenville 15. why did i get married 16. great taste since 1905 17. alliance for climate protection 18. jessica hahn 19. nobel peace prize 20. phooson
This sexy Koxxx Cable girl wants you to keep a 12 hour window for her arrival! Includes a navy blue zipper front bodysuit with cargo pockets, matching hat, leather tool belt, plastic tools and cable cord.
He wants to take your soul! Our deluxe Pinhead costume is absolutely frightening! "A demon to some, an angel to others," Pinhead is the leader of the Cenobites, escaped from hell to devour the souls of the living!
This high quality deluxe Pinhead adult costume includes full length robe, mask covered with pins, and gloves. Shoes and pants not included. Everything you need for the perfect Pinhead from Hellraiser costume!
I'll hunt you down and make a trophy out of you. Let this Predator™ costume scare off anybody that gets in your way. Available in adult standard size.
The costume includes black and white jumpsuit, EVA chest piece, shoulder guards, arm guards, and leg guards. Belt with attached thigh guards, black necklace, a pair of character hands and Predator half mask are also included to complete this Deluxe Predator Costume.
Ever wonder what it is like to be Hef...? Here's your chance! Be the most tireless swinger of the 20th century for a night with this swanky costume.
Includes one luxurious deep red plush velvet smoking jacket with two front pockets, matching velvet belt with belt loops, contrast black luscious satin collar, cuffs and embroidered Playboy logo and namesake on the back, and a pipe accessory.
Transform yourself into this ultimate bachelor and magazine mogul for a letter-worthy evening!
The most realistic Chewbacca costume outside of the movies! An immense, fur covered warrior of great strength and loyalty. Long before he traveled the galaxy with Han Solo, Chewbacca defended his home alongside the other wookies. This supreme costume includes fur body suit, full over the head mask, latex hands, sash, and pouch.
Who are you going to call? She ain't afraid of no ghosts! The Secret Wishes Ghostbusters™ costume includes a beige hat and a one piece jumpsuit that zips down the front - both featuring the famous Ghostbusters insignia.
A backpack that resembles a proton pack is also included to authenticate this ghoul-chasing gal's ensemble. A sexy look that lends a nostalgic nod to classic Halloween fare, this costume is definitely not for the faint of heart!
Now you can dress like your favorite sea captain in this Captain Jack Sparrow Quality Adult Halloween pirate costume!
He's the worst pirate on the water, savvy? Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate costume includes: pirate shirt with attached blue vest, striped fabric sash, two belts with attached buckles, pants* and bandanna with beaded braids. Have your friends dress up as Elizabeth Swann, Davey Jones, and Marcus Sharkman for a Pirates of the Caribbean themed group Halloween costume.
In 1918, long before George Jetson commuted to Spacely Space Sprockets, the U.S. Patent Office issued Felix Longobardi the first patent for a vehicle capable of both driving on roads and flying through the air.
This dual cassette player allows you to convert your out-of-print cassette tapes to digital audio format for preservation without the need for a conversion service.
The device plugs into a laptop or desktop computer (PC or Mac) with an included USB cable. Once you install the devices recording software onto your computer and play a cassette in the device, your recordings are converted into MP3 files and stored on your computer.
The software detects pauses between songs and breaks them into individual tracks so you dont have to stop the software and the cassette simultaneously, and the player has a metal/CrO2 and noise reduction settings. High-speed dubbing allows you to speed up conversion times.
1. asa coon 2. doris lessing 3. tylenol recall 4. national coming out day 5. john schuerholz 6. seinfeld s sworn enemy 7. george gipp 8. admonished 9. larsa pippen 10. salem s lot 11. debussy s air de 12. us bank 13. usbank 14. children s author alda 15. jim farley 16. camp victory 17. broadway strike 18. curious george recall 19. lake of fire 20. the golden notebook 21. www.usbank.com
The big news of the week was indeed Bungie splitting off, but in this 1UP interview, it was confirmed that they are working on another game based in the Halo universe.
Jarrard: Well we are already at work on another Halo game -- I wouldn't call it "Halo 4", but it is based in the Halo Universe and represents a collaboration between Bungie and Peter Jackson. Halo 3 was definitely not the last Bungie Halo game.
Is it just me or does $600 sound like a lot for a single share (in any company)? To put it in perspective, $12,000 would have bought you 141 stocks when the company went public, now you can get 20 for the same price.
People either love the iPhone…or they they file a class-action lawsuit. There doesn’t really seem to be much middle ground. Just do what I did and order the iPod Touch to replace my aging iPod video (and go along with my Halo 3 Zune) and keep your existing phone / contract, you’ll be much happier.
A woman has sued Kmart for allegedly collecting a 7 percent state sales tax on a nontaxable item: a 12-pack of toilet tissue. Mary Bach alleges a Kmart department store in the Pittsburgh suburb of Monroeville improperly collected the tax on the $3.99 item, charging her $4.27—or 28 cents too much.
Fans can name their price, from £0-100, and download In Rainbows on Wednesday. Ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr praised their trust in human nature. He said: "We'll see if their good faith is going to be rewarded. I think it will work."
Instead of listing a price, the group's website simply says: "It's up to you," and then adds: "No really, it's up to you."
1. come on eileen lyrics 2. pony play 3. rotten neighbor 4. vick em 5. clytie lane 6. alexis stewart 7. republican debate 8. fanny brice 9. halloweentown high 10. dream theory 11. gop debate 12. seamless web 13. the element song 14. simi valley shooting 15. rcn.com 16. moon bloodgood 17. shawn hornbeck 18. suzyn waldman 19. rcn webmail 20. www.rottenneighbor.com 21. erin ortiz 22. cnbc debate 23. michael devlin 24. rottenneighbor.com 25. nick nolte
Microsoft Corp. today announced that “Halo 3” has officially become a global phenomenon, garnering more than $300 million in sales in the first week alone. The critically acclaimed Xbox 360® exclusive, which was released worldwide on Tuesday, Sept. 25, is the fastest-selling video game ever and already one of the most successful entertainment properties in history. Initial reports from retailers worldwide show console sales have more than doubled compared with the weekly average before the launch of “Halo 3.”
1. dunder mifflin infinity 2. 100 years war 3. shoah foundation 4. dundermifflininfinity.com 5. universal blood type 6. travis henry 7. marion jones 8. most abundant element in the universe 9. kenny lofton 10. phantom of the megaplex 11. a time to kill 12. julio jones 13. the hundred years war 14. strangers in the night lyrics 15. baby einstein recall 16. shaun gayle 17. ted lilly 18. chain of fools lyrics 19. last one standing 20. ike turner
Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates and Corporate Vice President J Allard yesterday unveiled the next generation of Zune portable media players, software and online store.
Gates and Allard also introduced Zune Social, a beta online community Web site built around and powered by people’s passion for music.
The two new models of Zune portable media players feature the new Zune Pad, an innovative touch-sensitive button for navigating on the device, as well as wireless sync, a feature that allows Zune devices to automatically sync over the device owner’s home wireless network when it is connected to an AC adaptor, in a dock or speaker dock accessory.
Existing Zune owners will automatically receive new software features, the redesigned PC and device software and access to the new Zune Marketplace when everything is released to the public in mid-November.
Intel revealed a Moorestown-based MID product with functions similar to Apple's iPhone at the recent Intel Developer Forum (IDF) San Francisco. The Moorestown platform is expected to launch in 2009 and Apple is considering developing an iPhone based on it, stated the sources.
1. phillies game 2. george grizzard 3. phillies radio 4. 850 koa 5. phillies score 6. koa radio 7. wpht 8. 1210 am 9. wpht 1210 10. jordin tootoo 11. jeri thompson 12. lg voyager 13. 1210 am philadelphia 14. la jolla landslide 15. phillies baseball 16. walt jocketty 17. 1210 radio 18. philadelphia sports radio 19. kimberly bell 20. rockies radio
What sets Halloween costumes apart from costumes for other celebrations or days of dressing up is that they are often designed to imitate supernatural and scary beings. Costumes are traditionally those of monsters such as vampires, ghosts, skeletons, witches, and devils.
There are also costumes of pop culture figures like presidents, or film, television, and cartoon characters. Another popular trend is for women (and in some cases, men) to use Halloween as an excuse to wear particularly revealing costumes, showing off more skin than would be socially acceptable otherwise.
According to The National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 2006 Halloween Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, the top Halloween costumes for children in the United States are:
Princess Pirate Witch Spider-Man Superman // Disney Princess Power Ranger Pumpkin Cat Vampire
A great couples costume set! Includes both costumes! Includes: Black and Gray socket costume AND White plug costume with cord. These costumes are made of a lightweight durable fabric over Denur foam. Plug will fit into socket costume! Sure to be a hit at any party! Available in one size fits most adults, sizes Large/X-Large.
Mess with my treasure and you mess with me. The Booty Pirate Costume includes a black vest with gold buttons, red and white push-up bra, and a ruched ruffled-back red, white, and black skirt with skull and crossbones buckle.
This costume is sure to get you a lot of laughs!! Includes Giant foam dresser with printed on condom wrappers, money, pack of cigarettes, and lipstick kissed note with name & phone number. Also includes the fun leopard print lamp shade hat.
Joker's wild! The Texas Hold 'em Costume includes a brown cowboy hat, red top, molded hands with tie strings, blue denim with red and white plaid skirt, light blue scarf with red and white plaid trim, and cowboy boot tops.
Get that new car smell! Includes one (1) dark green, tree-shaped costume with hole cut out for the face, Little Trees Car Freshner® logo across the front and a small hole at the tip of the costume for a white tie accent - very realistic!
The perfect way to kiss all the cute boys you want! A battery operated switch that you hold in the palm of your hand lets you set off your heart-o-meter when you smooch the guy (or guys) of your dreams! Includes a foam wood print booth with light up hearts and red sequin straps, light up heart shaped headpiece and arm garter for collecting your dollars!
Modeled on a modern AWACS jet, this remote control plane has a detachable digital camera that takes still photos from hundreds of feet above the ground, allowing you to document your surroundings in a way previously impossible.
The camera records up to 26 high-quality VGA (640 x 480 resolution) photos at the push of a button which can then be easily downloaded to any PC via USB for archiving, sharing, or printing. The oversized model planewith a nearly 5' wingspanhas a 1,000' range and can soar for seven minutes on a single charge (two minutes longer than most battery-powered remote control planes), guided by a handheld remote transmitter that controls climbing, diving, and turns.
Despite the craft's advanced features, flight control is e asy to learn for beginners, and the simple assembly takes less than two minutes. Two rechargeable batteries are included for repeated flights and reduced downtime spent chargingone battery can be recharged while the other powers the aircraft. The plane is crafted from durable, lightweight EPP foam for sturdy, long-time use.
1. britney spears custody 2. ornish diet 3. al oerter 4. eva longoria sex tape 5. iran so far 6. gilbert arenas blog 7. taylor bradford 8. deminski and doyle 9. britney spears loses kids 10. darius mccray 11. harry lee 12. aliens in america 13. xunlight 14. halo 3 katana 15. tbs hd 16. beef recall 17. jessica rickleff 18. borscht belt 19. reverse solidus 20. paul henss